Senior Clinical Data Team Lead – Client Dedicated
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Are you a data and a people person? Here’s your team. We manage and clean the data collected in a clinical trial — from the design and build of the database and edit checks, through the entry and cleaning of data to the final delivery of clinical trial data. We work closely with the project teams and clients to identify best practices and processes, meet and exceed our clients’ needs, and do the right thing to earn their trust.
We currently have an opportunity for Sr Clinical Data Team Lead and seeking a data management professional to lead data management studies in EMEA. This position will be dedicated to one client only, using and working with their systems and SOPs.
Responsibilities of this position:
Applies relevant components of the project protocol to daily tasks and directs others on how to
apply to their daily tasks.
• Acts as an interdepartmental and client liaison for all DM study activities.
• Produces project-specific status reports for management, PM and/or clients on a regular basis.
• Monitors and analyzes study metrics and escalates per the organiztion's risk management processes.
• Participates in business development activities by assisting with bid preparation and representing data management at bid defense meetings, where required.
• Assists with project forecasting of hours and identification of resource requirements.
• Assists with the oversight of project budgets including identification of potential out of scope work and participation in the Contract Modification process.
• Leads, high volume/highly complex studies.
• Independently leads and delegates tasks to ensure timely completion of project activities to project timelines, quality and budget.
• Mentors junior level staff on all associated tasks within a study.
• Assists with administrative and financial oversight for allocated projects.
• Communicates with management regarding all data management activities within their studies.
Ideally, you will have the following:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational
• Technical knowledge of SDTM and CDISC Standards is required
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job
• Ability to effectively apply knowledge and skills in a highly organized
fashion while adhering to regulatory guidelines, SOPs and client expectations
• Ability to use interactive computer programs
• Good written/ verbal communication skills with a strong command of English language and grammar; good organizational, analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and client's proprietary data
• Strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed
• Ability to train and direct study team
• Ability to set and meet timelines or be able to recognize and schedule changes in response to project demands
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to