Senior Optimization Specialist
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 48 countries and more than 21,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development and optimize value in delivering life-changing therapies to improve health.
Currently we are looking for:
Senior Optimization Specialist
Serves as a subject matter expert to design, development, delivery sustainment and improvement of products, programs, and services in order to optimize processes, behaviors, performance and audit readiness. Accountable for assigned activities and initiatives aimed at supporting and/or ensuring quality operational delivery via efficient and effective processes, associated systems, training and communications. Interprets data on complex issues, leads teams and makes good business decisions with support.
• Supports and collaborates with initiative teams to prepare, organize, coordinate, document, and/or provide the development and delivery of department products and services to a globally dispersed cross-functional audience.
• Creates varied support materials, presentations, and/or tools to support the department's remit and strategies.
• Prepares, coordinates and/or delivers working group materials, facilities and communications per established processes, timelines and milestones.
• Supports and participates in process improvement initiative teams.
• Participates in and supports initiatives to develop, optimize, improve and assess compliance with processes and associated systems/applications, training and communications.
• Undertakes projects, assignments, and administrative tasks per business needs.
Essence of the job:
• Works on problems of limited scope.
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
• Learns to use professional concepts.
• Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
• Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, and other personnel in the department.
• Builds stable working relationships internally.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough understanding of procedural documents, regulatory guidelines and directives
• Strong understanding of process improvement fundamentals
• Solid investigative and analytical skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Thorough understanding of clinical management technology and systems, and good computer skills
• Effective judgment, decision making, escalation, and risk management skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
• Strong attention to detail
values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create
a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD
If resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you