PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing
comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At
PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As a Senior Scientist in this position you will lead sample management activities for internal and external testing.
- Work with logistics team and manufacturing team to ensure proper receipt and handling of incoming and outgoing samples
- Work with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to create, log, and manage batches.
- Work with third party laboratories and manufacturers to coordinate incoming and outgoing samples.
- Receive, label, aliquot, and distribute samples
- Coordinate shipments
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 4 years).
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Aseptic processing experience for aliquoting of samples under a hood
- At least one year of experience with sample management
- At least 4 years of industry experience.
- Experience in Good Documentation Practices
- Experience in reviewing GDP documentation
- Experience writing SOPs and creating forms
- Familiar with LIMS systems
- Project management and other organizational skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency on technical operating systems
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.