Description - External
Provides management of studies to ensure project deliverables and targets are met according to the highest quality standards. Liaises with internal teams to provide payment status updates and identifies and resolves issues. Supports functional leads and assists in contract modification development.
Essential Functions and Other Job Information:
• Provides study management, ensuring that individual project targets are met and services are provided according to the highest quality standards, policies and procedures. Escalates project risks appropriately.
• Analyzes and interprets various financial reports and monitors project finances.
• Trains study teams on site payment processes, including setting expectations around site payments' requirements and deliverables.
• Generates reports for study-level KPIs and metrics; evaluates and interprets data. Escalates performance issues to management.
• Attends internal team meetings and provides updates on payment statuses. Manages escalations (project team, site and sponsor) regarding payment issues.
• May generate payments in accordance with procedural documents and site contracts. May build and enter budgets and SVTs; work on transparency reporting; perform study reconciliations; manage and maintain investigator funds tracker for studies transitioned to site payments.
• May review and approve payments, budgets, reconciliations, etc., in accordance with procedural documents and site contracts.
• Mentors and trains junior team members.
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
• Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new
projects or assignments. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine
• Contacts are primarily internal to the company with infrequent external customer / vendor contact on routine matters. Builds productive internal / external working relationships.
Qualifications - External
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years’).
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good organizational and negotiation skills
• Solid attention to detail
• Capable of handling multiple time sensitive tasks efficiently and effectively
• Flexible and able to reprioritize workload to meet changing project needs
• Solid computer skills, proficient in MS Word and Excel and CTMS, EDC or financial systems
• Experience of working in a project matrix structure
• Capable of mentoring and coaching others
• Effective communication skills, which includes English language (oral, written) and other languages would be an advantage (where applicable)
• Capable of extracting pertinent information from study documentation such as protocol, contracts, budgets, etc. and performing data entry and review of such documents
• Capable of effectively analyzing project specific data/systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency
• Solid understanding of country regulatory and/or applicable tax regulations
• Capable of leading study related activities with little to no interaction from management
Working Conditions and Environment:
• Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory and/or a clinical environment with
exposure to electrical equipment.
• Rarely travels within country/region or internationally.
• Exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
• Must pay constant attention to detail-visual, mental
• Must be able to multi-task constantly
• Frequent interaction with customers / associates required
• Long, varied hours required occasionally
• Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Frequent mobility required.
• Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
• Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
• Regular and consistent attendance.