Working with supervision, this position will provide application management, support, troubleshooting, and analysis for systems while ensuring PPD’s computer systems life cycle management procedures are followed. This position is a dual role approx. 50% for Veeva Vault application management and 50% PPD CTMS Siebel Clinical support. PPD CTMS responsibilities include providing functional Tier III support, and when needed; authoring system requirements, authoring/executing execute test scripts, and coordination with other parties (vendors, other support tiers and/or business owners), and also performing in a team lead capacity for remote staff. This position will also be responsible for IT ownership of Veeva Vault applications ensuring appropriate application management, and ensuring business functions are supported as needed.
Education and Experience: B.A. or B.S. in computer science-related field
Candidates with advanced degrees (e.g., M.S. or PhD) can potentially reduce the related professional experience requirement, each case will be considered individually
10 years experience in a health care or computer related field preferably in a IT project management or systems development role
Or equivalent combination of education and experience that gives the individual the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to multi task and pay close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of the clinical research process flow and drug development processes
- Strong understanding of software development process
- Strong understanding of technologies utilized in clinical research and clinical trial management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects, budgets and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to understand integration technology to drive progress/alignment towards effective issue resolution and impact analysis discussions
- PMP Certification considered a plus
- Experience in Six Sigma, COBIT, ITIL, or other QMS frameworks considered a plus
- Experience with Veeva or Siebel systems considered a plus
- Experience with validated systems (clinical or quality) in a regulated environment considered a plus
- PPD is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status by embracing diversity and the responsibilities of corporate citizenship in our communities.
- PPD values our former military and transitioning service member’s service.