The Sr Dir STM role is responsible for ensuring
the effective operational delivery of site activation on behalf of our clients.
This role will interact with clientele on behalf of PPD as a subject matter expert in Site Start up activities and strategies. Seeking a candidate with excellent project planning and communication skills who can analyze data, anticipate and mitigate risk, exercise sound judgment, and work under pressure.
The ideal candidate will be highly influential and persuasive to effectively promote strategies and proposals with PPD clients and stakeholders to execute effective study start up. This role is an ambassador for Site Intelligence and Activation Dept and as such demonstrates excellence in interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, change management abilities, project management, effective negotiation skills, problem-solving and risk mitigation skills will be critical in this highly visible role.
Note: this is an individual contributor role.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 15 years) within clinical research and preferably with site start up experience
- 7 years of management responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- North Asian language skills an advantage
- Strategic thinking, planning and organization skills
- Ability to analyze data, anticipate and mitigate risk, exercise sound judgment, problem solving and decision-making working under pressure and at times with limited desired information
- Ability to use personal influence and persuasion to effectively promote ideas and proposals to shape stakeholder opinions
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and cultivate strong internal/external networks of contacts and resources to help ensure operational execution
- Acts as an ambassador for change, influences and motivates, demonstrates solid interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates credible leadership style, with concise, well organized oral and written communication skills and proven ability to mobilize and foster team productivity
- Ability to motivate managers and supervisors to define and reach team objectives
- Expertise in budgeting and resource management
- Maintains a solid understanding of FDA, GCP, and ICH guidelines with a track record of successful operational delivery
- Uses critical thinking skills to provide innovative strategies to resolve department challenges and drive continual improvements.
- Able to effectively describe the activation process and typical challenges that can be experienced across multiple geographic regions, patient populations, and indications.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- This role requires independent travel up to 20%, inclusive of traveling in automobiles, airplanes, and trains.