PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Summarized Purpose: Leads, administers and monitors multiple complex and high profile projects and programs from initiation through delivery. Works cross-functionally to deliver project solutions within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost. Builds effective relationships as the liaison between the department and the business line customer to provide consultation, guidance and support to business requirements and ensure that all targets and deliverables are met.
• Manages allocated projects according to timelines, budget and quality standards. Manages activities of multiple cross-functional systems/application teams and collaborates with technology and business unit staff to ensure project dependencies are identified and communicated.
• Manages multi-project and multi-phase programs delivering new enterprise technology
• Produces and reviews project plans; assesses Work
Breakdown Structure (WBS), resource loading, dependencies, and milestones.
• Develops and manages project budgets. Evaluates percentage complete, tracks actuals to budget and mitigates overspend, tunes resource model to adhere to budget guidelines.
• Ensures risks/issues are surfaced and mitigated, escalating thorough information as appropriate, and provides tracking to budget and timeline.
• Manages cross-project interdependencies in order to avoid potential impacts and identify optimizations in regards to scope, schedule, budget, and resource utilization.
• Mentors less experienced peers to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project.
• Reviews data on challenging issues, makes good business decisions, and ensures solutions are implemented.
• Ensures all project deliverables meet the customer's time, quality, and cost expectations.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or
equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years, including experience managing projects through all aspects of a project life cycle, and experience in managing both waterfall and agile/scrum project management methodologies).
Project management certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Highly skilled level of proficiency in the key
principles of cross-functional project management (ex: time, quality, cost)
• Excellent financial acumen
• Proven track record of successfully managing critical enterprise technology programs
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels
• Critical thinking skills with solid judgment and strong initiative
• Provides outstanding leadership/influence and collaboration across multiple and diverse groups.
• Updates senior leaders on project status for
critical initiatives and provides them with information and guidance to obtain the necessary
support for successful project delivery.
• Ability to delegate and effectively prioritize own and project team members workload
• Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills
• Seasoned in managing geographically distributed teams
• Familiar with formal change management processes and methods (Prosci or similar approach)
• Previous experience with Laboratory Management Systems (LIMS) and laboratory software systems a strong plus.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
Able to work in non-traditional work environments
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.