PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health!
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
Responsible and accountable for the ordering, receiving, processing, storing, shipment and delivery, return drug accountability, reconciliation and destruction of clinical supplies returned by the clinical sites of drug products and medical devices for assigned studies. Performs local purchase activities as per request. Responsible for logistics coordination of an average of 3-8 studies. Serves a mentor and a leader to the other coordinators. Manages day to day coordination activities in absence of Logistics Manager. Actively problem solves on small to medium local supply related issues. Performs local purchases and ancillary label reviews and approvals.
- Oversee the daily drug product/medical device receipt, ordering, storage, inventory, distribution, return drug accountability and destruction. Ensure all activities executed by both owned Depot (s) and Third Depot (s)
- comply with company SOPS, departmental WPDs and client requirements. Track inventories and expiration dates of all department drug products and medical devices. Issue monthly status reports. Perform any local purchase of IP and Non IP Supply upon request. Perform any other logistic & administrative activity according to the necessities and growth of the Country Department. On going Training on new Regulations concerning both Import/Exports and GMP activities.
- Maintain Updated PPD Owned Metrics Indicators Reports.
Education and Experience:
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Technical positions may require a certificate
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 4 years). Logistics experience required as well as Fluent English.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the complete clinical supplies life cycle (i.e., manufacturing, packaging, labeling, import & export, storage & handling, distribution & delivery, return & reconciliation, final destruction).
- Focus on Customer Service aligned with highest standards of quality & excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving/decision making skills.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Strong computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, and Microsoft Word is required.
PPD offers continued career advancement as a Scientist, as well as management and specialized opportunities in other departments within PPD.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
What To Expect Next
We are looking forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your application and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.