- Leads payroll process, as scheduled, while ensuring employees are paid correctly, with proper deductions taken and calculated.
- Leads year-end and start-up processes
- Leads the tasks of other payroll staff associated with the payroll processing cycle
- Assists with employee mass communications from the department.
- Analyzes data within the time keeping system for semi- monthly payroll processes, reporting, and system testing and enhancement updates
- Develops test cases and conducts system testing for system upgrade projects and patches, and updates written procedural documentation for payroll systems and related interfaces.
- Ensures thorough payroll testing for system upgrades or enhancements as needed
- Extracts and analyzes data for validation and documentation requests by internal and external auditors and responds to ad-hoc report requests by the department or senior management.
- Communicates with management regarding any issues and recommended changes in methods or procedures to improve the efficiency and productivity of payroll process
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years). In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Oracle Payroll/HR Suite
• Excellent computer and calculation skills
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage confidential information
• Solid understanding of complex payroll processes, procedures, and issues
• Proficiency in large-scale payroll/HR information systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of advanced database applications (e.g. Microsoft Access, Oracle SQL, etc.), report writers, and Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills
• Strong analytical and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated customer service orientation and ability to provide service and remain focused in a demanding environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with all levels of employees and work as part of a team