PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
We are passionate about being data and technically agile and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
As a Senior Programmer Analyst, you will perform advanced bioinformatics programming activities for the statistical and computational considerations of research projects.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Performs advanced bioinformatics programming activities for the statistical and computational considerations of research projects. Works independently in a lead programmer role on select moderately complex may serve as a study team member under the direction of a lead programmer on more complex studies. Provides training and guidance to junior team members.
- Acts as the lead programmer on selected studies of moderate complexity, working directly with project team leaders and client representatives to assess and develop project goals and timelines. Assumes leadership responsibility as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary clinical trials project team, communicating actively and frequently with other team members as needed.
- Independently creates, executes, maintains, and validates programs that transfer data across multiple data management systems or operating systems, combines data from a variety of sources and structures, generates and stores summary data from a variety of sources, generates reports or combines multiple databases and validates programs that generate listings, tables and figures using SAS.
- Manages and documents assignments to meet timelines and deliver high quality work, being familiar with any relevant contractual obligations or limits.
- Increases knowledge base and professional skills in areas including programming, technology and techniques, clinical trials, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provides training and guidance to junior team members.
- Provides general infrastructure support to the department, including representing the company at industry conferences, presenting/teaching at department meetings, assisting in establishing training materials, and contributing to other general department documents or policies such as the development of departmental working practice documents and SOPs.
Provides support to the bidding process as requested.
Education and Experience:
MS/MA degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field and at least 3 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements, or Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification, and at least 5 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements.
In some an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of one or more programming languages
- Solid attention to detail
- Comprehensive problem solving and innovative skills
- Solid written and verbal communications skills to effectively interface with teams and clients, including proficiency in the English language
- Capable of independently and effectively organizing and managing multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Capable of adapting and adjusting to changing priorities
- Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and motivation
- Strong understanding of relational data base structure and complex data systems
- Capable of training and mentoring others
- Capable of effectively capturing biostatistical metrics
- Capable of providing quality control review for statistical programming
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.