PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Phase I and IB trials represent the first practical tests of a compound’s clinical relevance and commercial viability. They are the culmination of years or even decades of research. Moreover, they set the stage for subsequent studies that will ultimately determine your compound’s efficacy, safety and positive impact on patient’s lives.
As a Paramedic you will be working under the direction of the chief physician/investigator and under the general supervision of the Paramedics Manager, the Staff Paramedic in the Clinic is responsible for subject safety, health and well being. The Staff Paramedic continually monitors the subject population at all times, noting and treating untoward events as needed and documenting such events. Determines when/if an untoward event should be brought to the attention of the physician/investigator.
At PPD, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
Education and Experience:
- 6 years experience as a Paramedic on an ALS unit and in a clinical setting
- Texas Certified EMT-ParamedicAmerican Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Paramedic skills in all areasAble to perform intramuscular, intradermal, intravenous and subcutaneous injections
- Phlebotomy skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) requiredAbility to manage multiple complex tasks effectivel
- Ability to manage potential emergency medical situations effectively
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD’s Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.