Manages a team of operations finance support staff, and oversees invoicing processes to ensure timely, accurate billing for all projects.
- Coordinates and supervises daily workflow and manages receivables to corporate targets.
- Manages month-end close process with regard to billing deadlines. • Prepares reports on a monthly basis according to month-end close timelines.
- Identifies and resolves accounts receivable and/or expense backup issues.
- Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 5 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 1 year of leadership responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills
- Ability to achieve a high level of performance as part of a team or working independently
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficient in problem solving and prioritizing
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor staff
- Knowledge of Oracle is a plus
Directly supervises administrative support and / or technical staff.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Frequently drives to site locations and frequently travels both domestic and international.
- Long, varied hours may be required.
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Moderate mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally & externally.
- Ability to apply basic principles to solve conceptual issues.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.