PPD is a leading global clinical research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug
development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate,
deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
As an IT Systems Developer you will design, developer, analyse, and provide middleware production support in a 24/7/365 environment.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Provides systems analysis, design, development, testing and support for moderately complex technical information system components.
- Designs and develops components and services according to specifications within a team environment.
- Enhances existing and develops new mappings
- Performs systems analysis and prepares detailed system documentation including requirements, specifications, test plans and user manuals.
- Resolves minor defects per Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Effectively manages ticket queues ensuring adherence to Service Level Agreement (SLA) and departmental guidelines, identifies and escalates critical tickets, monitors queues for compliance, in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Works with development team to understand and document outage handling, trains and mentors support on job specific and departmental outage process, ensures planned outages are tracked and coordinated, serves as escalation point for outages.
- Performs unit and system tests and, as needed, validation testing.
- Works with business partners and peers to analyse and resolve support requests.
- Assists DBA with database design.
- Coordinates with Operations staff on deployment of applications.
- Ensures all activities are performed with quality and compliance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated use of Talend ETL, APIs, Web Services and relate technologies
- Strong ETL knowledge in real time jobs, batch jobs, scheduling and web services
- Strong knowledge of ETL concepts and related technologies/protocols (SOAP, SOA, XML, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of basic relational database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server) and languages (PL/SQL, SQL)
- Experience integrating with Oracle Cloud ERP/HCM highly preferred
- Strong logic, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multitask and pay close attention to detail
- Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work on night shift schedule
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win
- We earn our customer’s trust
- We are gamechangers
- We do the right thing
- We are one PPD