PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing
comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At
PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
This role would be responsible for application maintenance, bug fixes, and enhancements to the IRT platform. IRT is important in clinical trials facilitating the drug randomization and distribution of study materials. It helps to maintain the study blind and ensure that study participants can receive the appropriate materials during the trial. It is rewarding to see these drugs get approved and are out on the market helping people. That’s why we are striving to be game changers and have the best IRT in the industry.
The IRT platform is primarily built in Microsoft .NET C# and is
hosted in the Azure Cloud platform. The system leverages Azure SQL, Cosmos DocDB, and Storage
accounts to manage the study data, and leverages many Azure technologies such as Application
Services, Application Insights, Service Bus, etc.
As a Systems Developer you will join a global team of amazing professionals and will have the opportunity to practice and build on your knowledge and experiences, to share your ideas and take development ownership over the product, all working together as a team.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Provides systems analysis, design, development, testing and support for moderately complex technical information system components.
- Designs and develops components and services according to specifications within a team environment.
- Performs systems analysis and prepares detailed system documentation including requirements, specifications, test plans and user manuals.
- Performs unit and system tests and, as needed, validation testing.
- Assists DBA with database design.
- Coordinates with Operations staff on deployment of applications.
- Works with business partners to analyze and address support requests to include training.
- Ensures all activities are performed with quality and compliance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DocDB, Azure Storage and Azure Service Bus preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to multitask and pay close attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of .NET and/or Java, Web Services, ETL and related technologies & protocols (SOAP, SOA, XML, MVC, LINQ, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of basic relational database platforms
- (Oracle, SQL Server) and languages (PL/SQL, SQL)
- Strong logic, analysis, and problem solving skills
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you