PPD is a leading global
contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory
and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our
purpose - to improve health!
PPD is currently recruiting for a Systems Developer/Senior Systems Developer to join our Interactive Response Technology (IRT) group. This role would be responsible for application maintenance, bug fixes, and enhancements to the IRT platform. IRT is important in clinical trials facilitating the drug randomization and distribution of study materials. It helps to maintain the study blind and ensure that study participants can receive the appropriate materials during the trial. It is rewarding to see these drugs get approved and are out on the market helping people. That’s why we are striving to be game changers and have the best IRT in the industry.
The IRT platform is
primarily built in Microsoft .NET C# and is hosted in the Azure Cloud platform. The system
leverages Azure SQL, Cosmos DocDB, and Storage accounts to manage the study data, and leverages
many Azure technologies such as Application Services, Application Insights, Service Bus,
As a Systems Developer you will join a global team of amazing professionals and will have the opportunity to practice and build on your knowledge and experiences, to share your ideas and take development ownership over the product, all working together as a team.
At PPD we hire the
best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer
continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the
health and wellbeing of our employees.
Provides systems analysis, design, development, testing and support for moderately complex technical information system components.
- Designs and develops components and services according to specifications within a team environment.
- Performs systems analysis and prepares detailed system documentation including requirements, specifications, test plans and user manuals.
- Performs unit and system tests and, as needed, validation testing.
- Assists DBA with database design.
- Coordinates with Operations staff on deployment of applications.
- Works with business partners to analyze and address support requests to include training.
- Ensures all activities are performed with quality and compliance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- .NET C# Development experience (5 years)
- Azure Cloud Development
- Experience with large, complex systems in a multi-tenant environment
- Proficient in English language working environment
- Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DocDB, and Azure Storage
- Azure Service Bus
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps processes for source control, build management, and deployment
- SSAS/SSIS/SSRS/Power BI Experience a plus
- Health Sciences Experience
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you