Works independently and trains new employees in one of the following areas: basic systems, study conduct, technical/clinical procedures and proper procedures, which may include proper analytical methods and various techniques. Provides ongoing guidance in technical, compliance and project management matters to all levels of staff. Possesses a thorough understanding of procedures and troubleshooting.
Determines, creates and presents hands-on technical modules.
Provides orientation material to new employees.
Reviews training documentation for new employees on basic skills.
Addresses the ongoing training needs of experienced personnel as indicated by manager/team leader.
Conduct needs assessments and develops/oversees the set-up and administration of these training programs.
Designs, develops and implements training modules.
Trains staff on their job functions: set-up, use, troubleshooting, lab systems, procedures, lab techniques.
Develops proficiency in new technology, software, processes to enable development and support of training and business initiatives.
Provides support to Management and Operations groups as needed or requested by Management / Operations.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualificationPrevious experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years’).
.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of laboratory requirements, PPD SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
Theoretical and hands-on knowledge of separation science and general chemistry
Good presentation skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Proficient in web based training development and systems administration
Problem solving abilities
Ability to review analytical data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with regulatory requirements
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Management Role: No management responsibility
PPD Benefits Overview:
PPD offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, employee assistance program, wellness program options and more.
Other benefits include:
• 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and short-term
disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent care spending accounts.
• Work life balance programs including paid time off for vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation sell back program.
• Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and more.
• Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs, professional development training, skills training, education loan repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
• Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards, annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
• Community connections and activities including philanthropic engagement, volunteer service projects and more
• Other great options including pet insurance, legal and financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.