Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers in 30 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing, technology, and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.
This position is responsible for client billing and client account maintenance.
- Bill clients monthly for assigned attorneys within the paperless 3E workflow system
- Generate and proof invoices for accuracy
- Mail, email or electronically submit invoices to clients
- Communicate with assigned attorneys and/or secretaries regarding status of monthly billing
- Update client and matter information within the 3E system
- Assist attorneys and secretaries with inquires
- Set up electronic billing as needed
- Edit time and cost entries as instructed
- Research details of expenses and/or credits on a client’s account
- Assist with special projects as assigned by attorneys and/or manager
Education: Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience preferred.
Experience: Prior experience with billing or other accounting function preferred. Experience with Elite/ 3E or other accounting/billing system preferred. Experience in a law firm or other professional service environment a plus. Mathematical aptitude and ability to organize/prioritize multiple assignments, work independently on various projects, and meet deadlines. Knowledge of MS Excel and Elite/3E accounting software. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels. Possess a customer focus and have a track record of providing the highest level of customer service. Able to organize and prioritize issues and workload.
Skills: Excellent verbal, written communication and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize workload and to deal with stress within a fast-paced work environment. Must be able to work independently and display a professional manner at all times. Strong attention to detail. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all organizational levels. Ability to meet weekly and monthly deadlines along with the ability to handle daily requests.