Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers in 30 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing, technology, and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.
As a member of the Firmwide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team, the Career/Executive Coach will guide and support attorneys of the firm in defining and pursuing career success. In addition this position will manage day-to-day activities, working with attorneys on career direction and networking best practices. The Career/Executive Coach will also be responsible for tracking program metrics and integrating these offerings into the greater DE&I programming.
This role will work collaboratively and seamlessly with resources across the DE&I channels and other departments in areas such as: RSU/Learning & Development, HR, Legal Recruiting, Alumni Engagement, Events Planning, and Marketing & Communications. This role is 70% FTE which is 28 hours a week.
- Conduct one-on-one and/or group coaching sessions for attorneys and professional staff
- Assist talent development pipeline program
- Assist attorneys with professional branding documents
- Participate and help develop inclusive leadership, team building and development workshops/webinars
- Aid in content development for Coaching program
- Track and report on relevant metrics utilizing specified tools
- Recognize and track gaps or common issues faced by attorneys and propose/create solution based programming to address
- As needed, support the greater DE&I efforts of the Firm including presence at events and needed preparation, creation of relevant written materials for publications and compilation of data and tracking
- Participate and help develop team building and development experiences for the DE&I team
- Work on special projects as assigned related to career progression
- All other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Advanced coaching certification strongly desired
- Work experience in legal profession in some capacity
- Career coaching experience necessary, including executive level coaching
- Experience as a practicing attorney is a plus
- Excellent communication (written and oral), listening, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and trust with coaching employees
- A natural ability to make employees feel cared about
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook and ability to motivate others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment To Be Used: Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, calculator, fax, machine, copier, scanner, etc.
Typical Physical Demands: Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment.
Typical Mental Demands: Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment. Make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels.
Working Conditions: Works in typical office setting. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of your normal daily schedule.
Reed Smith offers a challenging work environment, business casual dress code and a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, flexible benefits program, tuition assistance, and generous 401 (k) plan.
Reed Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.
Reed Smith provides reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, including in the application and interview process.