Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers in 30 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing, technology, and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.
This full-time position is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of various Legal Recruiting initiatives and to provide support to the EC (Senior) Manager of Legal Recruiting.
Recruiting duties include, but are not limited to, coordination of the fall recruitment process and summer associate program, new associate orientation and integration, and assistance with recruitment of lateral lawyers for the Washington, D.C., Richmond, and Tysons markets. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, the attorney and summer associate hiring process, interaction with other service departments (Payroll, Benefits, RSU, Marketing, Operations, and IT). The Legal Recruiting Specialist will collaborate with other HR and Legal Recruiting personnel in other officess, and assist with special projects.
- Assume a lead role with organizing the campus recruiting and the summer associate program. Create schedules, travel arrangements, pre-arrival information, arrival packages, and follows up with all candidates.
- Assist with the registration process for on-campus interviews (OCI) for all regional law schools and select Firmwide schools.
- Create and distribute recruiting status reports as needed.
- Prepare correspondence for Hiring Partner and Recruiting Manager Signatures.
- Track resume circulation, generates offer/rejection letters and statistical reports using LawCruit.
- Update and maintain database and legal recruiting database.
- Understands and is familiar with Firm systems, policies and procedures, client services and future goals in order to troubleshoot questions, problems or concerns.
- Other Firmwide projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a professional discipline required.
Experience: A minimum of two years of Legal Recruiting experience is preferred. Law firm experience is also preferred. Should have a demonstrated understanding of current market trends and philosophies.
Skills: Requires strong organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment, a professional demeanor and the ability to provide an excellent first impression of the Firm. Must work well with all levels of Firm personnel, establish effective working relationships throughout the Firm and react to difficult situations appropriately. Confidentiality is essential. Must be highly motivated, creative, flexible, adaptable to change and results-oriented. Must have strong knowledge of MS Offices products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.