At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Global Product Strategy (GPS) drives Roche’s strategy and portfolio of products - from research through to patients. As a member of GPS, you will be part of a truly international group who collaborate with functions and affiliates worldwide to shape the future of medicine.
The Access Center of Excellence (ACE) group in Global Access (GA) brings value to patients and Roche by utilizing their expertise in pricing, evidence and insight generation, and policy engagement. ACE serves as a center of thought leadership through its engagement across the organization to enable informed decision-making around our access objectives of ensuring rapid, broad and balanced patient access. Achievement of these objectives are supported by routinely utilizing real world evidence (RWE) to better inform access decisions in both key markets (i8 and US) and in the i7. The Access RWE lead position has been built to drive this achievement.
About the job
The Access RWE lead will report to the Global Head of RWE for Market Access and will be responsible for working closely with colleagues across the global organization (commercial and development) and local market access representatives to ensure RWE is imbedded into our strategic and evidentiary packages supporting decisions which settle access. The access RWE lead will strategically plan and facilitate the execution of RWE post-launch and ensure RWE is maximized to sustain, accelerate, expand and improve access to Roche’s innovative offerings.
You are a highly motivated individual with experience in RWE as it applies to market access. Effective communication and teamwork skills are a must, as you will be working with cross-functional team throughout the organization.
The role necessitates the ability to enable patient access objectives by actively engaging with i8 and i7 countries to strategically identify where RWE can support their access hurdles and evidentiary gaps (e.g. evolution in the standard of care, comparative efficiency of new market entrants, working to minimize the uncertainty in market access cost / benefit assessments).
To be considered, you should possess:
- Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with particular knowledge of reimbursement and HTA systems and experience working with real world data.
- Demonstrated strategy agility to identify and address market access challenges across markets.
- Masters or Doctoral level degree in a relevant discipline (MD, PharmD, PhD in health economics, epidemiology, public health, statistics or life science disciplines are preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct and timely communication and validated ability to foster important relationships with cross-functional customers and key partners
- Committed to continuous learning and development, seeking out new ways of working and leading change
- Ability to navigate within a changing organization, maintaining objectivity, respect for differences of opinion, fairness, and ability to question and challenge
- Evidence of strong critical thinking, communication, analytics/modeling, planning and organizational skills required.
- You must have the ability to travel as required (~20%)
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
All Roche employees are encouraged to effectively contribute to cross-functional collaboration and coordination and follow all laws, regulations, policies & procedures that govern our business.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Access, Access > Health Technology Assessment