A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience. Deals with diverse and often times complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise.
Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives in targeted accounts across specified territories. Typically responsible for medium to large accounts or have a medium to large quota/territory. Must develop customer prospects and create and maintain relationships with decision makers. Contacts/visits existing and potential customers. Works to build and maintain network of colleagues, partners, and customers to share information and obtain prospects. Additionally, position requires value quantification presentations to potential customers. Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of product line and have a more in-depth knowledge of other products or services.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
This is a field based role - the territory is – Detroit/Lansing, MI
- Contacts new and existing customers to meet and exceed sales objectives in targeted accounts, by developing new business, growing existing business, maintaining customer relationships and troubleshooting customer problems. This includes identifying and developing strategic account plans, developing and delivering the differentiating message and quantifiable economic value for products and services, selling the primary differentiation of Roche products, overcoming and managing objections, and negotiating to obtain sales.
- Generates demand and maximizes product awareness by working with and providing education and information to customers.
- Implements strategic initiatives and plans to facilitate sales process and productivity.
- Works with others, as needed or required, to prepare proposals for assigned accounts. Presents all contract proposals to customers to maximize overall business and profitability, which may require some negotiation.
- Conducts and organizes necessary territory planning and routing for efficiency. Conducts business analysis and planning.
- Communicates competitive market information internally.
- Networks and interfaces with internal colleagues to share information and best practices while remaining actively involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience
- Good oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
- Proven leadership abilities
- Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > Sales