The Associate Support Scientist should be an individual with a passion for customer service, excellent communication and time-management skills, and a drive to work effectively across different functions in a commercial organization. The individual will be a member of the Sequencing & Life Sciences, Support & Applications team, and be located in Wilmington, MA.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide expert knowledge of Roche Sequencing & Life Sciences products and applications to our customers, with the goal of providing consultative scientific support, e.g. assisting with product selection, experimental design, workflow optimization, application troubleshooting, etc.
- Document all technical inquiries and complaints in the local case handling system in an accurate and timely manner
- Investigate and resolve product complaints, and escalate to appropriate service engineer or quality functions within Roche
- Coordinate instrument service and maintenance requests, as well as software and/or hardware troubleshooting
- Coordinate with Sales to provide customers with the scientific and product support necessary to accelerate the sales process, increase success rates of product evaluation and provide continued post-sale technical support e.g. troubleshooting
- Travel (up to 10%) to work in the field with Sales Reps. or provide lab training for customers
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 1 – 2 years of laboratory experiences
- Theoretical and practical understanding of PCR, qPCR, and next-generation sequencing
- Customer-facing and support experience preferred
- Excellent personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to coordinate with individuals located at different sites within the organization.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application Support