Under direct and constant supervision of a Laboratory Supervisor or Clinical Laboratory Scientist, the Clinical Laboratory Assistant is responsible for:
- Receiving and accessioning specimens, including whole blood
- Specimen processing
- Storing and retrieving specimens
- Assisting in specimen testing
- Assisting in preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and quality control procedures
- Checking inventory and ordering supplies
- Performing clerical duties
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months related laboratory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clinical laboratory experience required, including but not limited to customer service, specimen processing, and laboratory support in a hospital or reference laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, such as word processing and laboratory information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of good laboratory practices and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Clinical Development