The CCOL provides leadership and oversight in the delivery of clinical trials. The position also provides functional management, coaching and development of direct reports and identifies and implements areas of best practice and process improvements within the functions they oversee and the broader CCO department. As a member of local extended Leadership Team is responsible for building a strategy, managing the whole organization, implementing the goals, improving risk management and effective decision making.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supports TAL in the process of landscaping, in the relations management with KOL’s, as well as acts actively in building business development strategy for both CCO and local Organization;
- Provides input into the development of functional strategy and objectives, and proactively monitors country goal delivery to ensure efficiency and high performance of their team;
- Provides functional management, leadership and feedback and coaching to direct reports; ensures that they have the knowledge and expertise required to conduct studies;
- Provides resource management and oversight across their teams, in close collaboration with the TAL and Business Support Leader;
- Participates in and takes responsibility for appropriate and approved local and/or global functional projects and initiatives related to development of the organization and its people;
- As required, manages and oversees relationships with suppliers of contract Roche staff.
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in a medical/science-related field.
- 8 or more years of clinical trial experience, at least 2 years experience in managing a team is strongly desirable.
- Leading People, ability to translate strategies into actions for the team and to provide focus and direction to successfully navigate through complexity and uncertainty. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Feedback & Coaching; abilities to develop people through constructive feedback and encouragement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated by an ability to present clear messages in a flexible way.
- Proven track record of effective decision-making and proven experience of implementation or support the adoption of change management initiatives.
- Advanced fluency in English.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Clinical Operations