Data Analyst - Pharma International Data and Analytics Chapter
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare.
Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our
success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
As a Data Analyst, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex data problems and deliver insights that help to define our understanding of business areas. You will partner with IT and business stakeholders to co-create data and analytics enabled solutions that help our teams fulfil our mission: to do now what patients need next.
What you’ll be working on
- Leverage business acumen and technical expertise to drive the quick creation of high-impact Prototypes/PoCs
- Advance data projects including predictive learning, neural networks, machine learning, anomaly detection, predictive analysis, exploratory data analysis and other data science practices
- Generate insights from data, enabling us to optimise business performance. Solve complex data problems and deliver the insight that helps to define our strategy and enable our organisation to reach our patients faster
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary agile teams/squads to collect requirements, user specifications, approvals, and verify functionality and usefulness prior to full development of solutions
- Collaborate with data engineers, architects and business intelligence specialists to build lasting solutions to our data modeling
- Research market and partner and collaborate with external vendors or/and academy to deliver end-to-end solutions
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have an education Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Information Systems or related fields.
The ideal candidate
- Is passionate about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and experimentation
- Brings at least 5 years of experience in Data Science, knowledge of R or Python and its Data Science libraries
- Possesses practical experience with experiments (PoCs), machine learning, deep learning, Neural Networks and other areas of data science, preferably within Biotech or Pharma
- Is an independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- Is a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others
Travel will be required up to 25% and you will be working across time zones (i.e. evening/morning calls).
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Business Development, Business Development > Strategic Business Development