As a Data Engineer within our Data & Analytics chapter, you will implement big data technologies to integrate and stage data for operational data store. The candidate would have a good design sense that will help very large datasets be consumable by a range of disciplines.
In this role, you will work with our data scientists and data analysts in order to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any existing issues. You will be responsible for data processing, curation and ETL.
In this role, you will need to work closely with Global Infrastructure & Solutions (GIS) colleagues in understanding our architecture and helping them to better support our Platforms and Solutions. You will rely on your advanced analytical skills, and your ability to interact with cross-functional experts to enable us to optimize business performance, solve complex data problems and deliver the insight that helps to define our strategy and enable our organization to reach our patients faster.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS or Azure ‘big data’ technologies
- Investigate available tools and technologies in machine learning and deep learning
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in Data Analysis
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Information Systems or related fields
- Project experience with visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, R shiny, D3js) and database (Hive, MS SQL Server, Oracle)Experience with function coding (Python, R, C /C++, etc.)
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers e.g. Twitter and a good understanding of AutoML
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Cloud Services (AWS EC2, AWS S3)
- Strong team player and you can work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Solid analytical and technical skill and the ability to exchange innovative ideas
- Quick learner and passionate about continuously developing your skills and knowledge
- Ability to solve problems by using machine learning or deep learning techniques
- Preferably have experience of modeling in the area of biomedical sciences or healthcare
- Preferably bring the experience of high-performance computing by using GPU Computing
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment. You are able to interpret and translate very abstract and technical approaches into a healthcare and business-relevant solution
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Architecture