Roche Sequencing Solutions (RSS), a business within Roche Diagnostics, is focused on developing a disruptive Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) platform along with a portfolio of reagents, assays and informatics solutions for multiple disease areas.
As the Director of Bioinformatics, you will set technical strategies for development and operationalization of RSS’s IVD and CLIA assays. This position requires a broad understanding of next generation sequencing algorithms, clinical diagnostics, biostatistical analysis (non-clinical), and molecular biology method development. You will partner with Lab Development, Engineering, Regulatory, Product and Business teams to develop a suite of innovative clinical diagnostic tests used by physicians worldwide to make critical decisions in patient care. This role can be located out of Santa Clara, CA or Pleasanton, CA.
- Provide scientific and strategic leadership to multiple bioinformatics assay development and on-market product support teams.
- Oversee data analysis and algorithm development for all stages of clinical diagnostics from early development to production support.
- Define strategy for design, optimization, and implementation of secondary analysis algorithms and other key data analysis algorithms used in clinical diagnostics.
- Lead efforts to establish, implement, and continuously improve bioinformatics operating procedures for Roche’s CLIA laboratory.
- Create and foster strong working relationships with key partner teams.
- Mentor a team of Bioinformatics Data Scientists/Engineers and provide staff with coaching, opportunities to develop skills, provide on-going constructive and timely feedback on performance/progress toward goals/expectations.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Computer Science, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics or other related quantitative discipline with 15 years of relevant experience including 4+ years of experience in a supervisory role particularly interdisciplinary (bioinformatics) teams; or, Master's with 13 years of experience or PhD with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record of developing products that combine genomics, next generation sequencing, molecular biology, statistics, and bioinformatic algorithms.
- Experience developing regulated clinical diagnostics is required. IVD experience is preferred.
- Experience supporting data analytics supporting laboratory method development.
- Committed to scientific rigor and history of leading innovative science teams.
- Results oriented individual that thrives in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excels at incorporating feedback in a professional manner.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research Informatics