At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
In the Immunology group, we are developing cutting edge therapies to treat gastrological diseases. We're currently looking for a creative, experienced, enthusiastic leader to lead the Gastroimmunology discovery efforts. As a senior leader in the Immunology group, you will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of pre-clinical Gastroimmunology discovery programs as well as ensuring the long term outlook of the portfolio. You will ensure coordination of both internal and external efforts in the Gastroimmunology disease space.
- Build and implement the gastrological discovery strategy at the scientific and operational level
- Be accountable for establishment of project strategies from target idea throughout the discovery and development phases
- Support & mentor project leaders in questions related to project strategy, in particular on questions of strategic fit, scientific rationale, competitive fit and feasibility.
- Closely interact with Head of Translational Discovery, Bioinformatics and Project Management to ensure follow-through on project strategy implementation.
- Promote and develop new research areas, technologies and programs both internally and through business development opportunities
- Serve as key contact-person for across DTA, cross-functional and cross-divisional research gastrological activities. Catalyst for cross-departmental scientific exchange and portfolio support
- Represent the Gastroimmunology team both internally and externally at conferences and international meeting
- Support a high-performing team as part of the larger Immunology therapeutic area within I2O
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- At least 8 years work experience in biotech or large pharma
- At least 5 years work experience in leading drug discovery teams in gastroenterology (ideally at the hinge between discovery and clinical)
- Deep expertise in Immunology with a focus on gastrological diseases including IBD
- A PhD in Immunology, Biology, Pharmacology or related discipline is required
- In-depth know-how in the early R&D phases of drug discovery and a deep understanding of the requirements for projects to progress through target assessment, lead identification and lead optimization to candidate selection in a multidisciplinary environment from inception to clinical development.
- Ability to think and lead strategically: articulate long term objectives and strategies; maintain focus on a long term-strategy while successfully adapting to changing and uncertain environmental conditions. Demonstrated ability to lead his/her team by the leadership commitments
- Experience in people leadership, team builder, ideally leading in a matrix organization: ability to achieve results in a matrix organization; align organizational resources to accomplish key objectives; build alliances with key stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively: clearly articulate complex concepts at all levels of the organization, encourage direct and open discussions; seek common ground in an effort to resolve conflicts.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research