- Motivate, assist and ensuring team members operate the day-to-day activities according to the highest standards of financial control, compliance and best practice.
- Ensure quality and accurate delivery of services within agreed key performance indicators (KPIs) and as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and SOPs of the respective business sub-process.
Key activities & Deliverables
- Lead and plan the execution of a complete, stringent and timely financial tasks including but
not limited to:
- Fixed asset management
- Manual journal entries
- Month end closing activities in Financial Accounting and Controlling area (tax, FX, period opening/closing)
- Reporting activities
- Reconciliation activities
- Closing activities
- Co-ordinate and execute month end, quarter end and year end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with work instructions and month end close checklist.
- Create and lead a high performing team of senior analyst and analyst.
- Oversee day-to-day operations.
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines.
- Establish annual objectives/goals with the GAMA operation teams to ensure resources are utilized appropriately, performances are maintained and Shared Services goals/objectives are accomplished.
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- Promote a working environment that encourages personal development and work stream improvement.
- Develop staff and their career goals; leading teams to execute on operational targets.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture & motivate team members.
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments, manage performance issues when required.
- Initiate and organize team building activities.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Identify the skills and talents required to meet the business objectives for all functions/tasks within the GAMA operations team.
- Ensure all business activities comply with relevant Company SOPs, local laws and are of high ethical standards.
- Back up head of department during his/her absence
Documentation & Controlling
- Ensure all GAMA work documentation and work processes are updated and compliance with Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR), group policies and guidelines, local statutory and legal requirements within agreed service timeline.
- Participate and respond to compliance or audits.
Transformation/ Continuous Improvement
- Lead and proactively identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensure effective knowledge transfer for sustainable development knowledge and sharing of best practices within the team.
- Identify training needs, build capability and provide coaching.
- Contribute inputs/findings to establish a knowledge database of issue encountered, proposed resolution steps to facilitate continuous learning, development and cross sharing of knowledge and lesson learnt across the teams.
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Align and lead the team to deliver on set KPIs/SLAs.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with affiliates and within the team to implement and sustain best practices.
- Lead and proactively identify, recommend and implement solutions for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manage resource planning of team.
- Identify the skills and talents required to meet the business objectives.
- Propose and execute on people development initiatives for team members.
- Drive engagement of team; conduct Check-ins, acquire feedback from team members and propose action plans for improvement.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree or Diploma in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the related field, preferably in the area of General Accounting & Management Accounting
- Minimum 6 years of people management experience
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement preferred
- Prior leadership or project management type supervisory role will be an advantage
- SAP knowledge or other ERP accounting systems and MS Office tools
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English
- Strong presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to perform work with limited direction and guidance
- Works well with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- In-depth knowledge in managing performance metrics
- Able to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Able to prioritize effectively, multitask and meet all deadlines
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Finance, Finance > Accounting & Reporting