As a Global Category Leader, you are part of Roche Global Procurement and you will be a part of the Marketing & Sales Category team focusing on the agencies and Media Category.
The Global Category Leader of Agencies and Media is accountable for the effective management of and the value delivery for the category. The role may oversee a team of Category and / or Supplier Managers focused on driving the implementation of the using the Roche category and supplier management approach, including supporting the development of Category Strategies and execution of high value strategic initiatives. As a leadership role, the Global Category Leader of Agencies and Media drives Category Strategy prioritization and realization through effective management of resources, and extensive engagement with the overall Procurement organization, major suppliers, and senior functional Business stakeholders.
The Global Category Leader is accountable for the effective management of the category, including the development, implementation, and maintenance of a formalized category or supplier management strategy, buying guides / content, and the overall delivery of high value savings targets. The role is responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of a team of Category and Supplier Managers and leading the development, validation, and socialization of the Category Strategy and pipeline of major strategic initiatives, and the successful execution and benefit realization. Has deep category specific subject-matter knowledge, along with expertise in managing the procurement lifecycle, and works to ensure this knowledge is embedded and practiced by the Category and Supplier Managers.
The Global Category Leader of Agencies and Media uses strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills to ensure the Category and Supplier Managers deliver on commitments and are viewed as value adding partners by Business stakeholders. In addition to acting as the main point of escalation for category or supplier specific issues and topics, the role also takes personal ownership of certain large or complex initiatives and supplier relationships. Through the application of Roche’s category and supplier management approaches, and close collaboration with the regional sourcing team, the Global Category Leader of Agencies and Media will deliver measurable value by leveraging Roche’s scale and market position to drive savings and productivity realization and manage complex initiatives across the enterprise.
- Lead the Category and Supplier Management team through the various stages of Roche’s category and supplier management approach and ensure the Category and Supplier Managers, data / information and stakeholder relationships are in place for project execution throughout the category, providing expert support and guidance where required.
- Accountable for the creation and application of a Business-aligned long-term Category Strategy and the development of an annual pipeline of strategic category initiatives based on the strategy, business planning activities and pipeline. Oversee delivery to meet or exceed annual targets, ensuring communication with the relevant stakeholders and key business partners, and compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures. Work with the required functions or other Procurement areas to improve spend accuracy in the covered category areas.
- Accountable for the collection and aggregation of opportunities and data. In addition, be accountable for the overall target setting process to develop a pipeline of strategic initiatives, which addresses top-down targets and gaps, and has the potential to meet or exceed targets.
- Ensure extensive and thorough risk and Corporate Social responsibility (CSR) reviews are considered in category strategies and plans.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the category buying guides. These guides translate the Category Strategy and annual pipeline into clear and practical guidance and content for Procurement and key functional stakeholders to ensure a best practice approach to operational buying and local execution.
- Ensure a robust approach to supplier management. This includes identification of key suppliers, establishing value creation targets and reporting of supplier performance against those targets, identification, management and mitigation of supplier risks. It also includes conducting regular business supported reviews as well as implementation of development and innovation programs with key suppliers.
- Ensure delivery of Procurement Balanced Scorecard (BSC) input and accurate reporting of measures and targets for the category (e.g. operational metrics, savings). Ensure spend data accuracy through ongoing data validation, escalation, and remediation activities in accordance with the data governance process.
- Develop strong relationships with key functional Business stakeholders. Ensure involvement and engagement in functional decision making by offering Procurement’s point of view and / or alternative solutions to business priorities and challenges. Ensure an environment where Procurement can challenge demand and specifications to maximize value from our third-party spend.
- Ensure a robust governance structure enabling efficient decision making for the extended category team and business stakeholders with clear roles and responsibilities. Establish a category-specific escalation process and ensure issues related to performance, decision making and governance are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Coach Procurement staff and category team members worldwide and provide opportunities for professional development. Define a succession plan for the team to support career development and ensure a pipeline of talent.
- Manage performance and talent development for all direct functional reports and contribute to feedback to project related resources, according to Roche’s standards.
- Identify budgets needed to support the annual operating activities and as part of the annual budgeting cycle.