Supervisor Manufacturing (Histology)
Typical hours are 6:00am- 4:00pm
- Approve time keeping records and resolve any time and attendance issues.
- Responsible for hiring new employees.
- Responsible for performance review process and associated merit increases.
- Responsible for cost center spending and approval of expenses as authorized; provide input to departmental budgets.
- Responsible for performance issues and disciplinary actions.
- Identify areas for improvement, propose changes, gain approval and implement process change.
- Interface with other functional groups to gain alignment in the implementation of new processes and resolving problems.
- Resolve any technical issues as required.
- Ensure team’s compliance with quality system requirements.
-Understanding and strong working knowledge of FDA Quality regulations, Bio-safety and Occupational Hazardous Environments.
Formal Training/ Education:
- Associate's Degree- with 8 year relevant experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree- with 5 year relevant experience Or
- Master's Degree- with 3 year relevant experience
8 years- Eight years relevant experience with Associates degree or equivalent school credits
5 years- Five years relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree
3 years-Three years relevant experience with Master’s degree
2 years- Experience must include two years supervisory, process or project management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic supervisory principals and general understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to prepare and present information to management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of pre-analytic, analytic and post analytic efforts in Histology and Pathology.
- Knowledge of QC/QA documentation practices to meet compliance standards for CAP and clinical studies.
- Skilled in grossing clinical biopsy samples, processing, embedding, microtomy, primary and advanced staining procedures and coverslipping.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot Histotechniques, lend technical support and insight for Histology practices to CDx and clients.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of IHC theory and troubleshooting.
- Able to validate new instruments, new assays and routine Histology techniques.
- General knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and drive issues to closure.
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, use of email or other departmental related databases and Software platforms
- Travel Requirements:
Travel Based on business needs
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Manufacturing, Manufacturing > General Manufacturing