IT Business Partner, Trial Execution
PD Informatics (PDIX)
Location: Mississauga or Welwyn
As an IT Business Partner for Trial Execution in PD Informatics you will work closely with Roche Late Stage Drug Development (PDG), developing the business understanding to effectively support opportunities enabled by Information and Technology. PDG’s future state is to ‘implement smarter trials that accelerate development timelines so that Roche can help patients faster’, and this will be achieved by streamlining systems, simplifying processes & decision making, and better pioneering new ways of implementing trials. You will be interface ensuring Informatics supports, enables and realizes this ‘future state’.
What you’ll be working on
- You partner with business stakeholders in the PDG Business Insights & Analytics group, the PDG Systems group, and co-create technology-enabled business strategies/cases with colleagues that are company/industry aware
- Provide strategic direction, prioritization, mobilization of resources aligned to shared business objectives with respective areas
- Actively participate in strategy setting meetings in PD Informatics, Trial Execution and across Informatics
- Support Quarterly Business Reviews and be accountable for the Product Portfolio
- Take leadership role that educates, advises and challenges to enrich business area strategy for the benefit of the whole
- Negotiate and influence to ensure the right product managers and product owners are assigned to key initiatives
- As needed, play the ‘Product Manager role, overseeing one or multiple products (technology solutions) in Trial Execution, being accountable for the end-to-end product lifecycle and ensuring that the products are fit-for-purpose
- Proactively identify business opportunities and work with business and informatics partners to architect, design, prototype and deliver continually improved products
The ideal candidate
- Has business domain knowledge for Pharma Late Stage Development/Trial Execution, specifically around using Advanced Analytics to enable data driven decision making
- Nurtures and develops a collaborative, consultative and value driven partnership
- Champions Informatics Strategy and the implementation of core platforms
- Has an understanding of, and practical experience applying, advanced analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to solve Drug Development challenges
- Exhibits a high degree of self-awareness, empathy, listening, active curiosity, awareness of different norms and expectations
- Well-networked, awareness of Group processes, cross-org perspective, connects the dots, adds the external perspective
- Maintains high level of accountability from conception through to delivery and operation and value realization
- Sees problems from your partner's perspective
- Demonstrates executive presence, strong business acumen, navigates ambiguity, manages complexity
- Understands market challenges and competitive issues.
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Exhibits an Agile mindset in the approach to work, i.e.:
- Enables a diverse group of partners to speak with a single voice
- Good enough instead of perfection
- Focus on “Reuse before Buy before Make”
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or related experience; Master/PHD a plus.
- Familiarity with SAAS, R, MarkLogic, Shiny, Tableau or Spotfire advantageous
- 10+ years experience leading technical product portfolio, applications, reporting/warehouse and or data analytical solutions
- 3+ years of people management or product management experience
- Solid understanding of global Late Stage Drug Development
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume no later than April 16, 2020.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Business Process Management, Consulting and Support