Reporting to the DIS Head of Global Marketing, The Events and Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and executing all elements of assigned global congresses, events, and meetings and oversees the development and coordination of marketing projects. This role develops and implements meeting and events processes, best practices, and standards, as well as organizational tools and resources. The Events and Marketing Manager aligns marketing communications and collaborates with the Product Communications, Affiliates and other Business Units (Bus) and functional teams as needed.
- Manage events end to end from the development and delivery of results-oriented congresses & events; scope includes event strategy and management, budget oversight, agenda development, and collaboration /coordination across multiple stakeholders, measure and reports performance. Programs will consist of multiple products across Roche
- Supports, maintains and enforces comprehensive event operational standards, policies and procedures
- Acts as a key advisor to internal stakeholder/teams to ensure optimal business outcomes are achieved
- Contributes to the strategy and execution of key marketing programs that are highly visible and have significant business impact.
- Liaise with Roche Pharma and Diagnostics to drive and execute Medical Affairs events (e.g. Oncology and NIPT MSA ad boards, KOL meetings)
- Leads/Manages bi-weekly meetings with the Finance/Compliance Teams to ensure all congresses/contracts are in full alignment with company code of conduct and spend
- Supports Sr. Manager with BU Product Comms. monthly meetings to discuss/share event program needs/best practices and collaboration
- Manages teams, suppliers and other contributors to exceptional levels of execution on all assigned deliverables and programs – on schedule, in scope and within budget
- Manages agencies and vendors to deliver quality product and manage costs to a defined budget. Ensure vendors are compliant with all processes and procedures including legal, procurement, finance and brand standards.
- Works individually and with teams in recommending actions, scheduling and planning projects, estimating costs and managing projects to completion.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends marketing opportunities consistent with product line and business objectives.
- Provides pre- and post-marketing support to sales representatives in the US and global markets
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years Industry related experience with event planning and trade show experience
- Progressively responsible roles in event planning, trade show marketing, and vendor relations, including significant hands-on negotiations of event service contracts.
- Microsoft Suite Product expertise : PPT, Word, Excel, etc., G-suite, Cvent, CrowdCompass
- Industry related certifications a plus (e.g. CMP, CTSM, CMM)
- Ability to build relationships with executive stakeholders and influence decision making in a thoughtful, timely manner.
- Eager to grow into and expand on marketing knowledge
- Ability to create competent communications for various audiences.
- Strong knowledge of event / meeting related logistics, vendor negotiations, media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Must exercise flawless judgment of event leadership.
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage internal and external requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to think strategically, and ensure event activities support business goals.
- Team player that enjoys collaborating with internal, external partners, customers and vendor/consultants to drive business objectives in an agile nimble, progressive environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Consultative approach to questions, concerns and issues.
- Strong ability to think strategically, and ensure event activities support business goals.
- 25-40% of time travel domestic and/or international
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.