Objectives and Scope of Position:
- Function as field based members of Medical Affairs. MSLs are scientifically trained professionals with strong clinical and / or scientific backgrounds.
- To provide non-promotional scientific and clinical support for the business.
- To ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted with due regard to all applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, company policies and accepted standards of best practice.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Predominantly field-based position to provide scientific and clinical support for, and help maintain professional and credible relationships with, key opinion leaders and academic centers.
2. Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant products, relevant therapeutic areas.
3. Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), either reactively (in response to a medical enquiry) or proactively (to disseminate scientific data best aligned with business needs).
4. Produce and update scientific presentations for assigned therapeutic areas as appropriate.
5. Discuss investigator initiated trials and clinical trial details with potential investigators and help co-ordination of clinical investigator meetings.
6. Contribute to the development of brand plans and strategies by providing medical insight and knowledge about the product or disease area.
7. Provide field-based support and training to the sales force and other departments as necessary.
8. Provide field-based support to assist Medical Information in dealing with enquiries.
9. Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, as well as internal processes and procedures for Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory legislation.
10. Attend relevant scientific meetings and congresses to keep abreast of new developments and respond to any specific enquiries from healthcare professionals.
Professional and Technical Requirements
- Medical Degree or Appropriate scientific qualification (preferably PhD, Biologist, or Pharmacist).
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a field based liaison role, is desirable.
- Experience in therapeutic area desirable
1. Professional experience within the pharmaceutical industry desirable but not mandatory.
2. Knowledge of the overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical/biotechnology organizations.
3. Experience in development and implementation of clinical trials.
4. Experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation, and clinical relevance.
5. Experience of delivery of scientific presentations.
6. Relationships with external KOLs, other thought leaders, and external organizations is strongly preferred.
1. High level of personal accountability and self-motivation.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Able to operate as a flexible team player.
4. Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
5. Excellent presentation skills.
8. Reliable and swift in communication.
9. Good project management skills.
10. Computer literate.
11. Competent at presentation preparation.
1. Knowledge of relevant therapeutic area.
2. Appreciates the diversity of working with multifunction teams.
3. Knowledge of drug discovery & commercialization processes.
4. ICH, GCP and local regulations.
5. MS office literate.
6. Fluent English language knowledge, written and verbal.
Other (e.g., Travel)
National and international travel: Approximately 60 %
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical Science Liaison