The Demand Planner is the key interface between Global Supply Chain and the markets to build alignment of the sales plan & strategy with the production capabilities and supply plans. The role also serves as replenishment coordinator to ensure continuous availability of finished goods at distribution centers. It also serves as a strategic supply chain partner to functional counterparts to lead, create, or support deployment of supply chain strategies, organizational transformation initiatives, and system or process improvements.
This position plays an important role in the Global Supply Chain network by fulfilling the specific roles of the North America Demand Planner and US Replenishment Coordinator for a specific subset of products in the North America Region and by collaborating as a strategic supply chain leader and a mentor to other colleagues.
Key Demand Planning Accountabilities:
• Key interface between Global Supply Chain and the markets to build alignment of the sales plan & strategy with the production capabilities and supply plans.
Collaborates with markets to drive demand integrity to ensure clear requirements for supply
planning.Collaborate with Forecaster on product forecasting process management, identification
and management of strategies to manage demand variability and forecast accuracy for a portfolio
of high complexity and impact
• Act as a Single Point of Contact for our customers (affiliates / direct markets / other) for relevant Demand Planning topics (Targets / Key Performance Indicators / Service Level Agreements) for a portfolio of high complexity and impact analyze the forecast, review forecasted quantities at consolidated level, check for imbalances and monitor alerts.
Accountable for the independent demand completeness and correctness for the appropriate horizon
for a portfolio of high complexity and impact
• Help articulate business exposure and communicate demand uncertainties and risks and develop options for optimizing Inventory, replenishment and demand plans to supply planning for a portfolio of high complexity
• Responsible to present on status and issues on product supply for their respective market or region to the Sales & Operations Planning meeting
• Lead, mentor, and influence colleagues on complex supply chain related topics that span across broad functional areas (e.g., Pharma Tech Ops and US Commercial organizations)
Key Replenishment Coordination Accountabilities:
• Act as primary supply chain contact for MCCO, Brand teams etc., representing a specific subset of finished good products distributed in the US. The role will ensure that inventory is in place to support a continuous supply of finished goods to support US requirements.
• Act as primary contact for the rest of the supply chain community on finished goods supply issues that occur within the frozen time horizon for a portfolio of high complexity and impact
• Ensure appropriate levels of inventory are maintained the DC’s by managing/tracking SAP purchase orders, expediting, prioritizing lot disposition releases as appropriate and frequent communications with MCCO for a portfolio of high complexity and impact
• Perform supply assessments and in depth scenario planning as needed in order to identify business risks, capacity risks, implementation timelines associated product changes, expiry risks, phase outs, launches, etc., and act as primary re-supply lead in case of supply shortages
• Manage product life cycle events, including the leadership of US launch execution teams for new molecular entities or for line extensions and oversight of finished good item number changes in both the global and local SAP systems (switches). May mentor other colleagues on product launches
• Present supply chain topics in critical senior forums, such S&OP meetings or Global/Local expert groups, Field Action Committees, and participate in FDA calls if required.
• Lead, mentor, and influence colleagues on complex replenishment situations related to critical supply situations, complex launch strategies, or scenario planning
Strategic Supply Chain Partnership Accountabilities:
• Lead the innovation and deployment of supply chain transformation projects in line with global supply chain strategies, local/regional commercial priorities with impact that may extend beyond Pharma Tech Ops organization (PT).
• Lead global/regional teams and affiliates to develop supply chain strategies, bringing innovation and integrated solutions to the network.
• As a subject matter expert, lead and influence functional partners in system, process and organizational changes and improvements.
• Innovate and lead implementation of improvement recommendations to improve and optimize the supply chain with broad regional, global, and cross division impact (e.g., across PT and US Commercial organization).
- Minimum of 12+ years of related work experience, preferably with experience in in Supply Chain (Production Planning/Scheduling/Supply Chain Management)
- Prior experience in leading S&OP required and prior people management a plus BS degree in business or science related field required. APICS Certification preferred
- Good understanding of Pharmaceutical industry (drug development and regulatory environment) and Supply chain processes (Supply Planning, Material Requirements Planning, Capacity Planning, Order Management, Demand Planning, Data Management)
- Experience with forecasting, analytics, contemporary digital technologies a plus - Proven business acumen, strategic thinking, communication, change leadership, and influencing skills
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Supply Chain, Supply Chain > Supply Chain Planning