Roche Sequencing Solutions (RSS), a business within Roche Diagnostics, is focused on developing a disruptive Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) platform along with a portfolio of reagents, assays and informatics solutions for multiple disease areas.
Roche Sequencing is seeking a talented Bioinformatics scientist to collaborate with experimentalists on computational analyses and to build the underlying analysis algorithms and machine learning tools for next-generation sequencing (NGS) IVDs that will fuel the adoption of personalized medicine. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of algorithm development and statistical analysis for next generation sequencing, and experience collaborating with laboratory development teams to create regulated clinical assays.
- Develop and improve algorithms, statistical models and machine learning techniques for NGS-based diagnostics products.
- Design and improve statistical models for genomic variant detection and other applications
- Design, implement and test algorithms for secondary analysis and genomic signatures
- Work with experimentalists to develop analysis tools that will aid in optimization of NGS procedures.
- Document analysis procedures and results; and present findings in meetings.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to prototype and implement functional and design specifications for IVDs.
- Plan, test, and integrate new system components and prototype new functionality.
- Optimize and refactor scientific code utilizing Java/Python technology profile.
- Master's degree (in biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, or a related discipline) and 7 years of relevant experience OR PhD. and 4 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience working at the confluence of science and engineering to develop genomic algorithms
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience applying statistical methods for solving problems in genomics and related fields
- Familiar with machine learning techniques.
- Strong track-record of development and testing using Python, Linux, and Java in a distributed computing environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple businesses, scientific, and technical teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Must be able to think independently, work collaboratively and contribute to an active intellectual environment.
- Oncology related experiences are highly desirable.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research Informatics