Purpose and Mission
The role Delivery Service Manager holds accountability and responsibility for the way global service management processes are executed. This covers the operational delivery of one or more IT services to the business. The Delivery Service Manager produces service outputs in the incident, problem, change and release management processes, tailored to the accounted IT service or a set of IT services.
Desired Main Outcomes of Role Interaction
- High visibility and awareness of operational efficiency with business customers
- IT services are operated at agreed fit for purpose service levels in productivity, quality, output, and cost
- Releases and changes are applied without interruption of services.
- Internal Business customers
- Internal IT partners
- IT quality representatives
- External partners and vendors
Number of Subordinates (If any)
None. However, this person will be assigned the role of a Squad Lead.
Required experience & Qualification:
Years of relevant working experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in IT
- 5 years of experience in IT Service Management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related study (or equivalent project-related experience).
- Passionate about learning, sharing and further developing “best practice” and embed it as “next practice” to achieve greater impact
- Good enough instead of perfection
- Exhibits servant leadership behavior, self-aware leader and a flexible team-player in a multi-cultural environment
- Agile competencies: having a growth mindset, knowing yourself, being courageous and get connected
- Face to the business for operational services and the initial single point of contact and escalation for operational service issues.
- Change control procedure and processes are in place. Ensures releases and changes are delivered in a controlled and agile manner.
- Computerised System Validation (CSV) compliance guidelines and procedures are followed where applicable.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate 'good enough' team output and elevating overall service experience.
- Regular service reports to IT management and business clients are issued
- Input and guidance to cross-functional and cross-regional communities of practice is provided out of the service units, increasing and spreading knowledge and skills within PDIX (Informatics for Product Developments).
- Lead positions are expected to handle high complexity of solution landscape, mission-criticality and service levels of solutions, service delivery model and stakeholder landscape
- Expert in the discipline of IT Service Management.
- Certified in ITIL V3/V4
- Possess a combination of analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset
- Stakeholder management
- Communication skills
- Life sciences industry in pharmacovigilance and commercial process, solution, application and system knowledge preferred
Normal hours with flexibility to participate in virtual meetings outside of normal hours and respond to escalations in the event of major incidents.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Business Process Management, Consulting and Support