Who We Are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics main sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Roche Blood Gas Analyzers deliver fast and reliable results in life critical situations.
As part of our instrument software development team, we are looking for an ambitious Firmware Engineer for a three year project. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and motivated team to develop a new blood gas analyzer in a interdisciplinary environment.
- Lead all phases of firmware development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing, simulation and bug fixing including maintenance.
- Contribution to development projects in close collaboration with the Mechanics-, Electronics-, Instrument Software and Systems-Engineers.
- Elaborate software requirements and unit specifications.
- Accurate code design and implementation including tests to verify the code against requirements and specification.
- Participate in defining work packages, their estimation, planning, and implementation within the firmware/software development team.
- Execute the assigned work packages correctly, completely and in a timely manner.
- Provide all necessary documentation according to the software development process.
- Review and analyze your source code as well as on request the source code of your peers in the software development team.
- Review application design, functionality, usability and performance to enhance it.
- Share expertise and experience with junior developers and actively support their knowledge improvement.
- Master degree in Software- or Electrical-Engineering or related field.
- Experience in full firmware development lifecycle in new development projects.
- 5+ years Experience in firmware development, source code control, testing/simulation and monitoring tools.
- Excellent knowledge of programming language ANSI-C. C++ and objective design experience is an advantage.
- Experience in fieldbus protocols, like CAN, SPI, I2C, UART.
- Experience in setting up and using a RTOS, Knowledge in FreeRTOS is a plus.
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex microcontroller architecture
- Strong team player and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Good German and English skills.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Devices, Systems and Solutions