The role of the Business Solution Analyst is to work with our business groups to understand their business processes and information needs and to work with other members of our ERP team to identify, propose and drive solution options that support the business needs.
- Works toward consistency within and across groups and drives for reuse, simplicity and standardization.
- Develops and maintains roadmaps that are aligned with the business strategies and take into consideration the technology trends.
- Drives implementation, business partnering, provides technical and business leadership where/when needed to achieve the vision and results of the roadmap.
- Expertise in the Sales and Distribution SAP module (SAP SD) and have an exposure in S/4
Understands the industry practice and has in depth knowledge in the business area of Commercial,
Logistics, Sales & Distribution in Pharmaceutical industry. Understands cross-functional business
processes and facilitates implementation of IT solutions. Able to influence business partners in
SAP SD at the Director and Program Manager levels and usually consulted by the business
partner in his/her area of responsibility on all IT matters that can impact their business.
Has general and in depth knowledge of ERP and understanding on the connected portfolios in it.
Has successfully delivered on multiple projects/ SAP SD full cycles of implementation in the past
using established technology standards as well as emerging ones. Has experienced in
providing technical/ functional support and assistance to more junior Business Solution Analysts
or key users
Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to
identify issues and opportunities. Explores a wide range of possibilities and opportunities.
Maintains balance between innovation and pragmatism when determining the practical application of
new ideas. Fosters a non-judgmental environment that stimulates creativity.
Defines criteria of success for initiatives. Defines criteria of success for ALL
stakeholders – business, management, team, function. Makes recommendations based on
benefits, risks, urgency, etc. Proactively tracks progress and addresses any gaps in direction or
communication. Recognizes and celebrates success. Ability to mentor/ coach the juniors in
the respective SAP expertise.
Rallies the team towards the goal. Encourages suggestions from other members of the team. Exhibits creativity and/or critical thinking in resolving design issues. Appropriately offers alternative suggestions and solutions in the decision making process. Ability to work with cross-functional teams and experience in working in virtual / dispersed projects/ global team
Influences functional areas inside and outside specific projects. Aligns people around strategy/direction set-forth by the management and other senior leaders.
Considers the needs and interests of others and incorporates information relevant to them in
communications. Appropriately adapts communication style for different audiences. Conveys
unconventional or unpopular points of view constructively. Is able to suspend biases and other
strongly held beliefs in order to actively listen to other's views.
Devises enhancements to plans and advises on emerging opportunities during large-scale implementations. Proactively identifies and creates options to meet the needs of multiple integrated client groups. Identifies potential initiatives through input from staff, vendors and clients. Meets with peers from client groups and proposes technological and deployment solutions and related changes in business processes. Shares and assesses potential solutions with appropriate experts. Recommends technological solutions that fit the clients' needs, capabilities, and culture. Ability to asses and deliver propose solution to the business partners in relate of the Commercial, Sales and Distribution areas.
- Bachelor’s or Master degree (Computer Sciences, Software Engineering,
- Mathematical, Information Systems or other) or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 7 years of SAP SD;
- Very good command of English language (speaking & writing) and has a vast experience working in a multi-national environment
- Mandarin language is advantageous
- Good understanding and application of tools, principles, concepts, and techniques related to requirements, data, usability and process analysis
- Has in depth knowledge of Commercial, Logistics, Sales and Distribution business processes and understands cross functional / integration process flow, data and the dependencies
- Understands in depth architectural framework for SD domain and the connected portfolios/ interfaces
- Exposure & experience in SAP Hybris
- Influencing capabilities up to Directors in business and Informatics groups.
- Good conceptual ability by understanding complex problems/information and good ability to abstract and represent the idea in a simple easy to understand way
- Good communication and business partnering skills
- Be able to manage ambiguity and conduct rapid prototyping to mature requirements
- Work in an agile environment and often on multiple initiatives in parallel
- Readiness to travel depending to the project/ services needs
- Experiences in Pharmaceuticals industry and processes is more advantageous
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Business Process Management, Consulting and Support