RMD BioSpecimen Management
Position, Location and Scope
RMD is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual for the role of Senior Scientist in BioSpecimen Management to support Culture Collection and Panel production activities. The BioSpecimen Management function at Roche Molecular Diagnostics (RMD) is a centralized service function which supports the acquisition, characterization, and management of biological materials, as well as build of select panels for clinical research and cultivation and characterization of various Microorganisms and Mammalian cell lines.
The Senior Scientist position will facilitate the daily operations associated with fulfilling service requests for Culture collection and panel activities, while providing best-in-class simple biological solutions to our customers to drive innovation at Roche Molecular Diagnostics (RMD).
This position will be based at RMD in Pleasanton, California.
- Designs, plans, executes assigned project activities using established procedures and applying scientific knowledge and accumulated experience to complete projects involving manipulating human cell lines, microorganism and/or other biological material.
- Act a project lead; effectively interface with multiple stakeholders and/or internal and external clients to establish timelines and deliverables and meet defined project goals. May work with other members to meet project deliverables.
- Makes recommendations, and when appropriate, acts independently to resolve scientific problems encountered during experimental procedures to improve productivity of results. Ensures activities are consistent with project critical path, and responds appropriately to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge in a particular area and serves as an SME. Proficient in a range of advanced techniques and protocols. Applies scientific knowledge and writing capabilities to develop new methods or improve existing methods.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and implements/documents process improvements. Integrates previous and current results to determine next steps and the impact of long-range project goals.
- Presents findings at group or departmental meetings. Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May assist in preparing summaries, memos, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
- Serves as a resource to other departments (e.g., Manufacturing/Operations, Quality, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Studies, and International Technical Services), provides timely response and follow-ups. Participates in the expeditious transfer of products and technologies by providing scientific knowledge and assistance.
Position Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, or Microbiology or related field. 5-8 years of industry related experience required.
- Master’s Degree with 4+ years’ experience.
- Demonstration of good laboratory, data and documentation practices.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Advanced knowledge of LIMS software and eLN.
- Able to work in dynamic and collaborative team environment with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
Personal Characteristics & Cultural Fit
- Must be well organized and meticulous.
- Flexibility with respect to projects, unique biological material handling requirements, and meeting client/organizational goals and expectations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Truly passionate about the importance of biorepository management, as well as the ability to work in a global, matrix environment.
- Good cross-functional participation skills.
- Results and goals oriented.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research