As a Senior Scientist in Process Chemistry, you will be working in the department “Process Chemistry & Catalysis” within the “Small Molecules Technical Development” organization.
Behind every presentation of each product sold by Roche is the involvement of Pharma Global Technical Operations (PT). Starting with Phase I of the development process and continuing through to product maturity, PT makes medicines at sites around the world and includes more than 12 000 employees worldwide.
"Global Technical Development" (PTD) is an organization of over two thousand people globally that are integral for the mission of Roche to develop meaningful medicines for patients. Therefore, PTD actively collaborates and develops innovative technical solutions to bridge early-stage, late-stage and commercial product needs. The mandate of our organization is, to reliably deliver the pipeline and supply quality products to patients. Our organization excel in our work through innovation, collaboration, dedication, and mutual respect and add value every day, continuously improving what we do.
“Small Molecules Technical Development” (PTDC) brings a broad range of experience across drug substance (DS), drug product (DP), and collaborates closely with key partners in the departments Research and Early Development (pRED / gRED), commercial manufacturing (PTC) and PTD. PTDC is responsible for late stage technical development of our small molecules pipeline and manufacture of drug substance and drug product for clinical studies across our small molecules manufacturing network.
As a Senior Scientist in Process Chemistry, you are responsible for end-to-end process chemistry, from the design of new synthetic routes to the development of save, reliable and sustainable commercial manufacturing processes of synthetic drug substances throughout all clinical phases until transfer to commercial manufacturing.
Key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the development of cost efficient and robust processes and for delivering thorough process understanding by using state of the art science and methodologies to enable lean manufacturing
- Working within an interdisciplinary team of synthetic associates and analytical and production chemists as well as process engineering experts
- Interaction with stakeholders from technical regulatory, quality assurance and formulation development in an international environment
- As a chemical project leader, you will be coordinating all activities within Technical Development to guarantee the timely supply of high quality drug substance
- Authoring of scientific reports and regulatory documents
What you bring:
- A PhD degree in organic chemistry with at least 3 years of experience in process research & development of small molecules drug substances
- Real passion for scientific and technical innovation
- Experience in writing and reviewing scientific reports and regulatory document
- Excellent understanding of scientific methodology, principles of data integrity and good documentation practices
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability of building and maintaining constructive and effective relationships with stakeholders as well as strong collaboration and team building skills
- Experience in chemical engineering and modeling & simulation would be an advantage
- Proficient in English; knowledge of German is an advantage
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research