This position is responsible for the operations of the Service Desk within the Americas SSC including training, workforce management, reporting/analytics of key KPIs and metrics and Deskside support for Americas SSC team. In addition, all core business procedures (business continuity, call center infrastructure) and support for core operating processes (Knowledge Management, Incident Management, Request Management) are the responsibility of this role.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Essential Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to learn or perform these essential duties and responsibilities:
● Communicates SSC mission, vision, roadmap and goals to employees. Leads, manages, trains, motivates and develops team members, including setting goals and measuring and documenting performance. Translates IT and other relevant communications to SSC staff and discusses implications and appropriate actions.
● Ensures right people are in the right job and staffing levels are maintained according to requirements. Provides pro-active feedback and coaching to responsible employees and provides feedback to leadership. Organizes and monitors the performance management processes and where necessary, initiates corrective actions to cover shortfalls in performance and capability.
● Creates an environment of teamwork within area and across the wider area. Drives efficiency by utilizing globally defined best practice processes for IT operations. Follows defined working processes and standards (Corporate and Pharma IT) in the execution of daily duties and job function. Functionally manages local PI IT resources and budget in the affiliate. Proactively supports peers across SSCs across regions and supports team in escalating issues to leadership, where appropriate.
● Ensures process adherence and initiates corrective actions.
● Keeps team focused on key priorities/projects by setting measures and milestones. Proactively works to remove roadblocks and barriers to progress for the team.
● Ensures the SSC meets the mininal KPIs, metrics and drives employee and end user satisfaction.
● Manages service quality expectations and address customer concerns. Understands the issues and risks associated with the services provided by the SSC and escalates as appropriate ensuring the respective functions are engaged to address them.
- Site/Location Partnership
● Responsible to partner with sites/locations that receive 1st level support from the SSC to understand unique needs and site culture; share with all SSC team members.
● Works with SSC management team to report out and provide input to sites/locations, as well as, Sr leadership on customer satisfaction, areas of focus for first call resolution and understanding of key business needs.
● Responsible to assist IT leadership in determining SSC annual departmental budgets
● Ensures local budget is managed and properly allocated. Works closely with leadership and finance business partners. Ensures budget meets target and forecasting is accurately assessed on a quarterly basis for SSC needs.
● Holds appropriate employees accountable for work and associated costs.
Data Analytics & Analysis
● Responsible for the analysis and reporting associated with the key KPIs and metrics for the SSC.
● Reviews KPI's and metrics with analytics team and ensures that SSC management review is completed timely.
● Ensures the team proactively develops appropriate action plans to address data trends by training, process improvements or system updates.
● Works closely with IT Performance Measurement & Reporting global organization for updates and/or questions regarding the SSC dashboard and the global KPI calculations.
- Quality, Process & Service Improvement
● Responsible for all aspects of quality call monitoring
○ Ensures easy to understand summaries of results for quality reviews are completed and shared with SSC leadership
○ Makes sure timeline communications occur as it related to trends relative to quality reviews.
● Responsible for End User Satisfaction reviews with SSC management; based on global and/or user services surveys and feedback.
● Maintains the SSC Internal Operating Model, considering:
○ Required internal processes and guidelines to manage the daily business of SSC
○ Addresses possible redundancies and/or gaps
○ Addresses respective issues and escalates accordingly, if required
● Receives input on quality and process changes and/or improvements for the SSC from peer managers and ensure the input is embedded into the SSC organization.
● Collects and assesses information and feedback from various sources related to services, processes and people. Proposes and implements improvement actions engaging the appropriate stakeholders in SSC, locations/sites or other.
● Realizes changes and ensures all appropriate SSC team members are trained to drive end user satisfaction.
● Tracks results and improvements across all areas of responsibility (financial, people and KPI/metrics)
● Analyzes current and future trends and propose inputs in the resource allocation and workforce planning
- Service Monitoring
● Responsible for Operational Excellence team that that supports the SSC in the following areas:
○ New Hire and ongoing department training
○ Workforce management
○ Data analytics and reporting
○ Deskside Team, including hardware lifecycle management
● Drives close collaboration / communication across SSC team and management
● Responsible to communicate all relevant system/application based outage to relevant end-user and/or appropriate business or IT stakeholders following agreed process with impacted site/location.
- Communication & Marketing
● Responsible for all communication as it relates to information shared with Americas SSC, as well as, the distribution of any global information that should be shared with management or team members
● Works closely with Adoptions Services, RSC and other User Services organizations to bring clear plans and communication to SSC team members.
Education and Experience:
● 10+ years of experience in service desk, client desktop services, or related IT operations and a bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years of experience and a master’s degree
● 5+ years of direct IT management experience including people performance, budget management, vendor management, and contractor administration
● BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Passionate customer advocate and proactive process transformation leader
● Deep knowledge of service desk and client computing disciplines, processes, and operating procedures
● Skilled in building knowledge-based communities using a variety of technical training mediums
● Well-versed on ITIL Service Lifecycle Management Service Operation core processes including Incident Management, Request Fulfillment Management and Knowledge Management and associated tools (HPSM)
● Solid understanding of call center environment tools including Workforce Management (NICE), ACD (Cisco Unified), quality monitoring (NICE NIM)
● Strong coaching, mentoring, communication, and influencing skills
● Experienced working in a global organization
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS:
● ITIL foundation certification, preferred
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Infrastructure and End-User Services