The Senior Software Engineer in Test ensures that our releases are of the highest quality by automating our software stack as much as feasible. We are looking for talented individuals to apply extensive knowledge of software test fundamentals, quality, and software design of complex enterprise-scale applications.
● Automation development: work closely with developers to write automation tests and the supporting, reusable infrastructure to streamline and drive high test coverage.
● Work with Product and UX to understand and collaborate on defining product deliverables. Write a test plan for release, and test cases from requirements.
● Write maintainable, reliable, reusable, secure, performant code.
● Lead and participate in design and code reviews.
● Work with our DevOps toolset and extend the automation testing aspects as needed (building dashboards, scripting).
● Occasional manual tests when automation is not feasible yet.
● Drive test-related activities early in a sprint and maximize working in parallel with developers.
● Hone our good software development practices and testing fundamentals, including integration testing against APIs, client libraries, and UI (web application and mobile).
● Maintain a culture that values technical excellence together with support and compassion for individuals.
● Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, or related discipline
● 4+ years of experience including experience in quality or test engineering
● Have successfully automated an enterprise-scale web application in the cloud
● Software development experience in either Java or C++/C#
● Hands-on experience with multiple test tools - Selenium, Jmeter, JUnit, Appium, Postman, etc
● Know your way around git
● Quick learner with ability to understand complex data models and workflows
● Masters degree
● Full-stack engineer
● Deep AWS experience with Linux
● Test Driven Development
● Experience with healthcare data and workflows (e.g. HL7, FHIR)
● Experience with QMS for FDA-regulated products
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Engineering, Engineering > Validation Engineering