As a Biostatistician with Personalized Health Care (PHC) focus in Biostatistics and Data Sciences (BDS), you will be responsible for supporting PHC projects, initiatives, and related activities in Oncology or non-Oncology therapeutic areas. PHC projects. As such, you will be a standing member and key partner of multi-disciplinary teams, to provide statistical, strategic, and analytical leadership. You are expected to combine expertise in data science with business knowledge to identify, define, and solve the right problems and to provide strategic input to maximize business impact. Teamwork and effective communication are essential in this position. Experience in advanced analytic areas such as machine learning including deep learning, bioinformatics, genomic and image analysis are highly valued.
The PHC statistical scientist will support both molecule and non-molecule specific projects. For molecule specific projects, you will partner with the Biostatistics Program Directors, Medical Partners, Network of Scientists, and other cross-functional partners on medical, scientific, and patient-care applications. You may also work closely with PHC counterparts in Pharmaceutical Development and potentially Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development to align and collaborate on projects across varying drug development phases. For non-molecule specific projects, you are expected to have expertise and scientific curiosity in a variety of data types, including, but not limited to, genomics, imaging, and digital health data or related fields to support Medical Affairs and PHC activities; and to collaborate with research and biomarker scientists, computational biologists and computer scientists.
You will be expected to perform your responsibilities with increased expertise and independence. Where assigned, you will also act as Medical Affairs representatives in related review and decision-making forums or committees, including, where applicable, representing Biostatistics input and data in internal or external meetings, presentations and communications.
All Roche employees are expected to effectively contribute to cross-functional collaboration and coordination and comply with all laws, regulations, policies & procedures that govern our business.
Candidates for this position should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” or as a “plus,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements. Job level will be matched according to candidate’s experiences.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. with 2+ years relevant industry experience, in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related fields
- Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics including methods in advanced analytics such as machine learning
- Proven experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and clinical relevance
- Relevant therapeutic experience is a plus
- Good understanding of regulatory guidelines in drug development, GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and ICH (International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use) guidelines
- Sound understanding and appropriate application of business requirements and processes
- Working experience with all data types including high dimensional data
- Proven abilities to perform statistical scientist responsibilities with increasing expertise and independence
- Has demonstrated, through past experience, abilities to competently manage the majority of biostatistics deliverables associated with assigned prelaunch, launch and/or post-marketing medical strategies, plans and tactics
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities and skills
- Evident Drive for Results (demonstrates interest and ability to learn new things, takes initiative, welcomes problems as challenges; finds solutions to technical problems)
- In-depth knowledge of the multidisciplinary functions involved in a drug development process, and can proactively integrate multiple perspectives into the post-marketing process for best end results
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and writing communication, and influencing skills
- Proven track record of working highly effectively, efficiently and collaboratively with others
- Proven experience and skills working with multidisciplinary teams
- High level of proficiency in computer skills and statistical programming languages, such as, SAS, R, RShiny, Python, etc
CMG Operating Principles
I put the patient first, always.
I am tenacious in meeting customer needs.
I act on behalf of the whole company, not just my team.
I am inclusive.
I build a culture of trust.
I grow my capabilities to increase my impact.
I have a bias for action.
I am accountable.
I use time and resources to create the most impact.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Biometrics