Position title: Strategic Alliance and Innovation Director (Neuroscience)
Reporting to: Head of Roche Product Development in Shanghai
1. Build up China neuroscience landscaping in collaboration with a variety of internal partners. Contribute to the development of China Neuroscience Strategy.
2. Serves as interface for PD-Shanghai with global stakeholders in pRED, gRED, PHC and GPS.
3. Establish strategic collaborations with academic institutions, clinical investigators and patient groups, to meet the short to long-term portfolio needs and serve patients.
4. Leads clinical science input into the Integrated Development Commercialization Plan (IDCP).
5. Develops Personal Health Care (PHC) strategy for neuroscience in China, in collaboration with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
6. Creates and implements neuroscience PHC projects to leverage the China uniqueness, contributing to the transformation of clinical development in neuroscience.
a) Accountable to ensure strategic and operational alignment of the project plan with the relevant PHC strategy, as well as the involved molecule and/or disease area strategy.
b) Guides relevant sub-team in developing all project plan components.
c) Works with relevant team to develop and provide information and input for budget resource requirements necessary to implement and execute the project plan.
d) Provides cross-functional team management and coaching when applicable.
7. Stays abreast of internal and external developments, trends and other dynamics relevant to the work of clinical development to maintain, at all times, a fully current view and perspective of internal/external influences and/or implications for neuroscience.
8. Maintains the highest standards and levels of scientific and clinical knowledge.
9. Consistently complies with all governing laws, regulations, Roche Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. M.D. with relevant medical experience in same/similar therapeutic area required.
2. Five or more year’s pharma/biotech industry experience OR is a recognized expert in the field.
3. Five or more years’ experience with clinical trials. In-depth understanding of Phase I-III drug development.
4. In-depth knowledge of medical aspects of GCP (Good Clinical Practice), ICH (International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use), NMPA and other relevant guidelines and regulations.
5. Broad experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and clinical relevance.
6. Familiar with competitive activity in the field.
1. Has impeccable ethics. Demonstrates, or proven abilities to demonstrate, Roche Values.
2. Strong business acumen: has in-depth knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry, the multiple functions and roles involved in the drug development process. Regularly leads development of disease strategies and plans.
3. Strong orientation to teamwork.
4. Strong cross-functional team leadership skills: has consistently excelled as a cross-functional project team leader.
5. Excellent project management skills: can prioritize multiple tasks and goals to ensure the timely and on-target accomplishment of such.
6. Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and influencing skills: can influence without authority and has proven experience building and cultivating relationships with key partners and stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Strong business presentation skills: highly effective at summarizing and presenting the key considerations and decision-points.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Clinical Operations