Continuous Improvement Manager
Location – Corby
RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.5bn.
Reporting to the Vice President of CI and supporting in the delivery of the overall global CI programme, in defined areas, the CI Manager will work with the local functional teams at various levels as well as being part of the Global CI team; you will support the delivery of CI targets, lead delivery on your own CI projects as well as deliver Lean Six Sigma training & coach YB & GB’s to increase the CI understanding, skill set & desired CI behaviours within the area(s) of scope.
- Work with CI Business Partners, Hub &/or Functional Leadership teams to deliver, On Time In Full (OTIF) on the CI plans & targets aligned to the strategic priorities and goals
- Recommend application of appropriate Lean Six Sigma or alternative CI methodologies (eg/ Agile, Prince etc) to achieve these objectives
- Help in the identification & lead delivery of Black Belt CI projects to achieve financial & intangible targets, by using LEAN Six Sigma and Process Improvement methodologies, tools and techniques and appropriate project management & change management concepts
- Identify candidates for the CI training program, i.e. Yellow Belt, Green or Black Belt & deliver CI training, coach and certify to the ECM CI global standards
- Display the right CI behaviours to inspire all levels of colleagues to drive continuous improvement in their areas and to sustain gains and results achieved during the projects. Support the CI Global Team & local leadership teams in embedding CI as ‘the way of working‘
- Ensure all projects and benefits are tracked and reported in accordance with the Global CI standards, accurately and on time. Enable results to be measured & sustained in all functions/locations, support ad hoc audits as required. Ensure corrective actions are put in place to deliver continuous results
- Support CI Business Partners to deliver strong results