RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £2bn.
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company.
In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
The Inside Sales Executive will manage a portfolio of established customer accounts; maintain existing business levels through regular contact and selling of products and value added services; identify growth opportunities both within the portfolio and from outside of portfolio and develop these customers in order to drive the required sales growth.
The Inside Sales Executive will make all commercial decisions with these customer accounts in collaboration with the Account Manager (a Field Sales counterpart) through skillul negotiation and influencing and work with the aligned Account Manager to develop a local business plan that optimizes sales performance and feeds into the national forecasting process.
- Lead management; to generate and qualify sales lead opportunities to drive profitable sales growth
- Customer qualification; to identify sales opportunities within Portfolio, ensuring that the largest opportunities for growth are prioritized accordingly
- Sales Account Plan; to create a specific plan of action for managing Portfolio customers that is maintained on a quarterly basis, relating to the local business strategy
- Calls and visits; deliver sales, leads, margin growth, insight and contact acquisition through telephone conversations and ensure face to face visit requirements are coordinated through the aligned Account Manager
- Quotations and discount investment; demonstrate strong commercial awareness, ensuring that sales targets and business needs are aligned with customer expectations
- Use of initiative to identify and develop opportunities with companies not currently on the database
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement through regular one-to-ones, team meetings and ad hoc feedback
- Liaise effectively across functions to ensure customers are delighted