RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £2bn.
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company.
In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
The primary purpose of the IoT Business Manager is to develop and execute the Internet of Things product strategy within the assigned geography - Drive growth in Product Sales, Profit and Return on Stock, through expansion of the product range, enhanced supplier relationships and working with sales and marketing to increase Japan sales & customer count. This position will report to the Head of Product & Supplier Management, Japan. The position will be responsible for developing the IoT offer across numerous product areas including modules, high end semiconductors/development kits, sensors and software.
Provide insight to support our Regional Strategy
- Ensure the voice of the “local” customer is represented within the IoT business strategy
- Drive engagement across Product & Supplier Management, Inventory Management, Pricing, Content, Sales, Marketing & Suppliers to capture local insight
- Provide customer, supplier & competitor insight to identify gaps in our offer and inform our pricing, content & stocking strategies
- Ensure the relevant local range complements the Global range
- Ensure product portfolios are aligned to our customer needs and strategy
- Ensure our pricing strategy enables RS to capture more business, maximise net profit and improve customers value perceptions
- Support our local & regional stocking strategy optimises next day availability and stock investment
- Ensure our Product Content enables our customer to easily find & buy the products they need
- Provide monthly business reporting on range and local business performance and transfer best practices regionally and globally
Manage local supplier contracts and commercial terms, when relevant, in line with the Global and Regional Category strategies
Drive strategic supplier engagement within the aligned product category to give RS a competitive advantage in terms of range, availability, total cost, innovation, cash flow & support
Facilitate the interaction between supplier and other RS functions when needed
Support sales, marketing & customers to drive strategy execution locally
Gain support of regional & local cross functional teams to execute category plan and deliver our objectives, within the aligned technology category
Input to and support Local Sales & Marketing programmes
- Support implementation of aligned pricing strategy execution enabling RS to win more business, maximise net profit and improve customers value perceptions
Scope of the RoleAccountable for
- Local insight and market intelligence
- Quality of local supplier relationships
- Local Commercial terms (e.g. product costs, payment terms & rebates)
- Execution of relevant IoT product range strategy
- Delivery of relevant business performance measures
- E2E Category strategy and plans
Return on Investment
- Quality of inventory
- Content Quality
Speed to Market
Digital marketing and product promotion