RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £2bn.
We place a strong emphasis on investing
in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding
their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we
look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations,
people who have pride and belief in their company.
In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
This role is responsible to manage the sourcing of NCO (Non-Core Offer) products, through best in class sourcing practices, strong commercial effectiveness, and positive/collaborative working relationships with both external Vendors and key stakeholders internal to Electrocomponents.
• Manage the sourcing of NCO articles to provide the required level of profitability and service to support fulfilment of our Sales and customer strategy.
• Apply commercial acumen to determine appropriate response to NCO enquiries.
• Create and maintain accurate NCO article data.
• Drive improved and increased efficiency of our NCO processes through application of CI based approach.
• Develop strong vendor relationships and manage stakeholders to ensure integration with the business area.
• Where and when appropriate, drive Vendor delivery performance and resolve non-conformance issues enabling efficiency of Inbound Logistics processes.
• Collaborate with relevant Sales & Market teams to interpret requirements and enable a profitable NCO response.
• Provide relevant insight, data, and input to the Product teams to enable and exploit Vendor commercial opportunities across the core and non-core product range.
• Identify and implement new Vendors to support NCO article sourcing needs.