RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global
distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products
through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping
around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250
and in the last financial year had revenues of £2bn.
The role of Commercial Supplier Manager is responsible for managing and leveraging the full potential of our suppliers to deliver accelerated growth in the Industrial Automation & Control category at RS Components across the EMEA region.
You will develop and leverage close supplier partnerships to generate profitable growth and drive supplier engagement at all levels of the organisation.
Supplier Account Manager (f/m/d)
- Full ownership and accountability for the commercial performance of circa 10-30 suppliers (£20-30m revenue)
- Formulate supplier strategies and execute growth plans aligned with category strategy and sub regional “go to market” strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring profitable growth and developing a commercially advantageous supplier partnership, including cost and margin of suppliers through negotiations and relevant relationships.
- Develop and leverage supplier partnerships to drive supplier engagement at all levels of the organization, including support of sub-regions sales objectives.
- Working with Inventory to agree which products should be stocked and which non stocked in the offer
- Actively work to identify and develop new suppliers that enhance the portfolio and in support of category growth strategies.
- Cost price management of supplier portfolio
- Ensure all projects and benefits are tracked and reported in accordance with the Group CI standards, accurately and on time.
- Enable results to be measured & sustained in all functions/locations, support ad hoc audits as required.
- Ensure corrective actions are put in place to deliver continuous results